Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Zone Mortalis tile update

Not a lot to report but I did manage to get a base color down for the walls and then a bit of a highlight color over the top (see pics).

This base color makes it look a bit too "fleshy" for my taste but I have to remind myself that it's just a base color and that a brighter color will soon follow and the eventual washes etc as well.


And here it is with  a second (lighter color) applied.


That's it for now. Comments and critiques are always welcome.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that looks really sharp. Almost makes me regret the greens and greys I picked for my tiles. I'll be following your progress with interest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the kind words greenmtvince! I struggled with choosing a color for a while before settling on a blue scheme. I've seen A LOT of very sharp/well done ZM boards online but very few in blue.

    To be honest, I REALLY wanted to go with a Green scheme because I've seen so many great ZM boards done up with a base green. In the end I decided I'd be different and try my hand at blue...+ it's my fav color. I also figured that since I only have 2 1x1 ZM tiles at this time, I could do one as a "test" and if it didn't work out, no biggie.

    Maybe this evening I'll dust it off and work on it some.

    Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete